It is based on the 1999 LWB Ford Crown Victoria. Its front is derived from the 1999 Chevrolet Caprice, and its rear is based on a Lincoln Town Car. Its main body is very slim, long and curved, making it a very sleek taxi. The taxi always come with a mounted roof advertisement, which is cannot be detached.
The Torrex Taxi may not be as good as its competitor edition, the Torrex Turbo, but it certainly is a good pick for day-to-day cruises, or fast sprint across town. Having a good strength is also a good advantage.
- Torrex Racer - a racer variant of a clean taxi (without decals or roof decorations), unlocked once a 'hard' race is completed in the regular Torrex.
- Torrex Turbo - Turbo variant.
- 1978 Era
- Does not spawn in the 1978 Era.
- Can be seen driving around if the player has completed the game, and drives the vehicle in the 1978 Era using the Era Change feature.
- Can also be done if the player uses the "all vehicles" cheat and drives the vehicle in the 1978 Era.
- 2006 Era
- Two civilian variants of the car can be seen during the end cutscene of The Mexican, along with the regular Taxi Torrex.
- The signage on the Torrex comes in three variants; One for Pikey, one for Frenchie's Pizza, and another for Durty Burger.
- The Torrex's beta name was "Nomad". This is referenced in the files, where "nomad", "nomad_racer" and "nomad_turbo" are listed. Since the Torrex is the only car to have 3 named variations, it can be assumed the nomad is indeed the Torrex.
- If the player applies bodywork to the Torrex, the police dispatch will still refer to it as a taxi.
- ↑ Images: