Most of the vehicle is based on the 1970 Chevrolet Caprice, with some elements of the Dodge Monaco station wagon. Despite being used as an ambulance, the greenhouse area is not big enough to fit a passenger alongside the patient. This suggests that the vehicle is used for carrying corpses, body parts, or only a patient.
The Meat Wagon isn't a reliable vehicle to pick. Its slow acceleration isn't suitable for a police chase, along with its durability and bullet resistance being too low.
(mph / km/h)
- 1978 Era
- Very common around areas such as Times Square and LaGuardia Airport.
- Sometimes found around all three boroughs.
- Commonly found around Harlem, Hunts Point and Bronx.
- 2006 Era
- Found rarely around Harlem and Bronx, but found more commonly around Hunts Point.
- Rarely seen around all three boroughs.
- "Meat wagon" is an archaic slang phrase used to refer to a hearse or an ambulance carrying body parts.
- In the PlayStation 2 and Xbox versions, aswell as Driver 76, the cross and the letters on the Meat Wagon are red, while in the PC and Wii versions, the cross and letters are green.
- Paramedic - 2006 counterpart.