The East River a large river running through the heart of New York. It appears in Driver: Parallel Lines.
The East River runs between Queens and Brooklyn (on the east side of the river) and Manhattan (on the western side of the river). It splits up near Wards Island, taking two routes. The north west route separates Bronx with uptown Manhattan, whilst the north eastern route heads towards La Guardia Airport. It separates Bronx from upper Queens. The river starts in the New York Harbor, where it connects to the Hudson River.
The river is crossed by several bridges. Several islands can be found in the river, or in the bay near its exit. The player cannot swim in or across the river, like every other water area.
Crossing points Edit
- Battery Tunnel - southern most crossing
- Brooklyn Bridge - southern most bridge crossing
- Manhattan Bridge
- Williamsburg Bridge
- Queensboro Bridge
- John F Kennedy Bridge - northern most public point of crossing, pays know similarities to the real counterpart
- Rikers Island Bridge - private prison bridge on the north-east route of the river
Islands within the river Edit
- Governors Island - southern most island on the river
- Roosevelt Island
- Wards Island
- Rikers Island - north east, prison island